One of the things I have loved most about blogging, is the relationships I’ve built up with other bloggers and the opportunity to talk to like minded people about one of my favourite things. Books!
I realise my blog is a little bit odd in that I don’t review any recent or newly released books and I sometimes feel a little out of the loop, so I was delighted to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by not one, but four very cool bloggers, Diana at Strahbery Fields, Friendly Bookworm, Alena at Alenaslife and Lizzi from These Little Words. Check out their blogs, everyone a winner!
I’m probably getting nominated for this one in the absence of a She Must be Fecking Mad to Set Herself Such a Ridiculous Challenge Award, but seriously, I’m very chuffed and it is nice to know that people are enjoying my blog.
So, without further ado, here are seven ‘interesting’ facts about myself! Well, you can be the judge of that……
1. I have a Masters in Theatre and had a brief and not entirely successful career as an actor. I once played all the pre-pubescent girls in the Irish Premiere of Caryl Churchill’s The Skriker.
2. Liam Neeson’s Mum Kitty was my school dinner lady and she lives down the road from me.
3. My biggest regret is that my parents didn’t live to meet their grandchildren. My biggest joy is that I can see them both in my twins.
4. My obsession with the film Footloose knows no bounds. Just ask Raging Fluff. At the ripe old age of 42, I still wear my ‘Dance Your Ass Off’ t-shirt with pride. Seriously, try and watch the final dance scene without smiling. I dare ya!
5. I am currently obsessed with cross-stitching. That is probably why my 20 Books of Summer is not on target. This is my latest project:
7. I am not a girly-girl. I’m more sci-fi and Asian horror movie than chick-lit and rom-com. I wouldn’t thank you for chocolates and don’t fancy George Clooney. As my wee Mum used to say, ‘Cathy, you’re a bit odd’.
As this is the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, I would like to nominate the following blogs that have inspired me in different ways:
Raging Fluff – because he inspired me to start 746 Books
The Evening Reader – because I love her ‘Freestyle Fridays’ plus she reads cool books
Jacqui Wine’s Journal – I love Jacqui’s reviews and she has been very supportive since I entered the wonderful and mad world of book blogging.
Elena at Book and Reviews is a bit of a crime-nerd, like myself and her Feminist Sundays posts always inspire.
Brona at Brona’s Books inspired me to read Edith Wharton for the first time with her Wharton Week and I am so glad she did. I’m a convert now!
Sasha at Pathologically Literate is one of the loveliest bloggers out there and reads at a phenomenal rate. If she had 746 unread books, they’d be done in a year!
Alex Raphael keeps me on my toes with his movie quizzes and keeps my inspired with his quotes of the day. A great blog altogether.
Bree at The Things We Read has joined me on two challenges now, March Madness and 20 Books of Summer. It’s always good to have someone with you for support when you set yourself ridiculous goals!
Juliana at Cedar Station is another challenge pal, but has been one of my favourite book bloggers since I started here at WordPress last December.
Candiss at Read The Gamut is a girl after my own heart. She says, ‘If someone says a book is “too weird” for them, I am immediately drawn to it.’ Yup!
Now for the disclaimer.
I don’t like putting pressure on anyone, so if my chosen bloggers have already done this challenge, or don’t want to take part, I don’t mind at all. I’m really just doing this because it’s easier than writing my latest review 🙂
I follow a lot of blogs and find them all inspiring. I’ve learned so much from everyone I’ve followed in the 6 months and I’d like to thank you all for making my book wish list ten times longer than it should be!!