Well, week 4 of Reading Ireland Month proved to be a little lacklustre, from my point of view. I had a lot of work still to prep for my final week and when it came to it, circumstances got the better of me and my attempts at working from home, plannng school lessons for the kids and trying to keep my anxiety in check didn’t leave much room for thinking about reviewing.
Again, you all shared some great Irish reading related posts:
- She Reads Novels reviewed A Thousand Suns by Sebastian Barry
- Hopewell’s Library of Life reviewed My Coney Island Baby by Billy O’Callaghan
- The Old Shelter shared some quotes by WB Yeats
- Jacqui reviewed The Love Department by William Trevor – always a winner!
- The Once Lost Wanderer reviewed The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch
- Virginia at Rosepoint Publishing posted a review of Stanley McShane’s Cocos Island Treasure
- Nancy Elin reviewed The Irish Writer and the World by Declan Kiberd
- What Me Read reviewed Akin by Emma Donohue
- Lynne at Fictionophile pulled together a great list of Irish Crime series which includes some really interesting writers.
- Ali at HeavenAli reviewed The Ante-Room by Kate O’Brien
- Love Books Read Books shared a review of Roar by Cecilia Ahern
And for everyone who was interested in Adele by Nicola Cassidy when I included it in my round up of fiction to look forward to, Anne at Word Herding posted a brilliant interview with Nicola that is well worth reading.
So, there’s just a few days left of Reading Ireland Month – I had nothing planned as I was supposed to be going to Houston tomorrow to promote Seamus Heaney HomePlace in the US, but as with everything, that trip has understandably been cancelled.
I’ve been reading some other booked by irish authors throughout the month so will do a quick round-up post on those before we finish on Tuesday. As always, if I’ve missed a post you’ve written, let me know and I’ll be sure to add it.
This week’s giveaway was for a copy of The Naked Irish by Clare O’Dea and Stella has chosen the winner – Rachel! I have no idea when I will be able to send out these giveaway prizes, but consider them a treat to look forward to!
Thanks, as always for your ongoing support – despite everything it’s been another great week of reading and blogging.
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!