Welcome to my weekly post where I celebrate the small, good things that are getting me through these very strange times.
- My favourite author David Mitchell was all over the airwaves this week, first on A Good Read and then as a brilliant guest on Desert Island Discs.
- I know the trailer for Wild Mountain Thyme is utterly, utterly terrible, but the reaction to it on social media was a lot of fun this week!
- We took a bit of a breather from Ozark (man that show is fast-paced) to watch Season 3 of Call My Agent which is just the most charming of shows.
- My sister bought me a very cute cup for my birthday and I swear my coffee has been tasting better since I started drinking out of it.
- Another birthday present that made me happy this week was a delicious bottle of port. There is nothing like a wee glass of port in front of the fire to make you think everything is right with the world.
- New stationery always helps…
- I have come to realise that when thing are getting tough or stressful, a quick trip to the North Coast will blow the cobwebs away and put things in perspective.
- Volume 6 of the gorgeous Winter Pages, the annual Irish Writing Anthology has been published and I got my hands on a copy at yesterday.
So, what in your life deserves some praise this week? Let me know in the comments!
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!