Well, as Northern Ireland faces Lockdown 3.0, starting next Friday, I’ve had to dig deep to find the little sustaining moments of happiness this week. But they are always there…
- Seamus Seaney HomePlace may be closed, but I was very proud to unveil my online celebration of the 25th anniversary of Seamus Heaney being awarded the Nobel Prize. I’ve worked hard on this and it was great to see it be so warmly welcomed
- Masterchef The Professionals is back! It’s my favourite of all the Masterchefs and the food always looks delicious!
- We’ve been doing a lot of baking this week – homemade wheaten bread and fruit soda bread and yummy Coconut and Chocolate Bars!
- The kids wrote their Christmas letters to Santa this week and even though this year is going to be very different, it was nice to have a little bit of festive cheer.
- I’m joining forces with the official team at Brian Moore at 100 to host a readalong of Brian Moore’s work next year. I’m really excited about this project and will annouce more details on my blog next month!
- One of my favourite artists Andrew Bird has released an alternative Christmas album! It’s a little early, I know, but I just love this…
So, what in your life deserves some praise this week? Let me know in the comments!
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!