- I treated myself to a gorgeous Woodwick candle this week, and it smells yummy.
- Callum posted his brilliant Christmas Bookish Gift Guide this week which led me to the Literary Emporium. And now I want to buy everything!
- In this week’s Adventures in Baking, Stella and I made Jammie Dodgers!
- In preparation for my end of year blog posts, I realised that I have managed to reduce the 746 by 52! I think that’s been my best year yet. Must try harder though…
- I had to chat on the radio yesterday morning and I am now very happy…that it’s over! I get so nervous when I have to do things like this.
- I’m a little late to the party, but I found out this week that the brilliant Willy Vlautin has a new book coming out early next year. Cause for celebration!
- I’m not usually one for TV Christmas specials but was delightd to hear that there will be a new Black Mirror (“Death to 2020“) and a Ghosts Christmas Special
- I am loving following the Irish Women in History page on Facebook. They are posting about an exceptional Irish woman every day from now until Nollaig na mBan (‘Women’s Christmas) on January 6th.
- Now that it’s officially December and the festive season, my alternative Christmas playlist has been getting an outing, featuring this beauty from Tracey Thorn…
So, what in your life deserves some praise this week? Let me know in the comments!
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!