Things are getting tough now. Northern Ireland has just come out of Lockdown 3 and it has been announced that as of Boxing Day, we are going back into full lockdown for 6 weeks, with only schools opening. No going to work, no shops, and worst of all, families will not even be allowed to meet up outside in private gardens. England and Wales have it worse, with lockdown coming into force last night and Christmas plans in disarray.
As we edge closer to a full year of living with Covid, it feels like it is getting harder to cope with and not easier.
In times like this though, positivity is more important than ever, so here is my last Sunday Praise of 2020.
- My neighbours outdoor tree decoration makes me smile every time I drive past it!
- I got a haircut! Which is lucky, because it’s now going to be at least two months before I can get another one…
- This week, we made Rocky Roads – yum!
- I was really sad to hear that Ann Reinking died this week. As a child I adored her in Annie, but her work with Bob Fosse was astonishing and it was a treat to watch videos of her amazing talent this week.
- To say I was emotionally invested in the final of Masterchef: The Professionals was an understatement. Three great chefs, but Santosh stole my heart, and everyone else’s it seems!
- My wonderful twins, Stella and Harrison, turn 10 on Wednesday. They make me happy every single day.
- It’s Port season!
- That Strictly final was just joyous and it was great to see Bill & Oti lift the Glitterball.
- It’s the Winter Solstice this weekend and Kevin Barry wrote a lovely piece on this time of year in the Irish Times on Friday.
- Courtney Marie Andrews has released a cover of one of my favourite Simon & Garfunkel songs – America – and it is gorgeous.
- I got a belated birthday present from a wonderful friend this week and I love it! Who doesn’t need a Wonder Woman cushion?
So, what in your life deserves some praise this week? Let me know in the comments!
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!