- Anyone who knows me knows my love for Kevin Bacon. He shared this joyous clip this week of famous on screen dances all spliced together to Footloose. It is wonderfully done and is guaranteed to make you smile.
- Stella wants a dog, so her strategy is to leave random notes around the house. This was her latest…
- My new online programme for Seamus Heaney HomePlace launched this week and while I don’t get the same buzz as live events, it’s still good to be presenting great writers like Kevin Barry, Donal Ryan, Cathy Rentzenbrink and Colum McCann.
- I’ve not been entirely convinced about watching theatre online, but this week I saw Mark O’Rowe’s new play The Approach presented by Landmark Productions and it was really powerful and worked well online.
- You know that feeling when you really, really want to get your hands on a proof and then you finally get your hands on that proof? My most anticipated read of the year dropped through my letter-box this week and I may have squealed with joy.
- I discovered a page on Facebook called Jaded in Japan and it is filled with the most stunning artwork.
- I’m a big fan of a true crime podcast and Where is George Gibney? is fantastic. The story of this one-time stellar Irish swimming coach is grimly fascinating. The subject matter is very difficult though, so it won’t be for everyone.
- I have a rather bizarre love for long-nibbed pens, but can never find them in the shops here. Instead, I order them from Greece! These lovelies arrived this week.
- We have been re-watching Black Books. It’s very dated but still very funny. Although we always watch it after a few glasses of wine so that might be why…
- Belfast’s Paradasso Theatre Company announced a festival dedicated to Brian Moore. Lonely Passions: Brian Moore Centenary Festival will take place in August and I’m really looking forward to taking part.
- And finally, the death of the wonderful Christopher Plummer did NOT make me happy this week, but this always does. RIP you wonderful man.
So, what in your life deserves some praise this week? Let me know in the comments!
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!