Once again I have to report that things have been tough. This lockdown feels endless and with the news this week that Northern Ireland will remain in lockdown until Easter it looks like no change anytime soon.
Still, as always, it’s the little things that have been helping.
- Woodland walks and rope swings…
- The news that there are plans for Paddington 3
- This Irish Times interview with Conor O’Callaghan is just brilliant, as is his new book We Are Not in the World.
- This week Stella and I made Almond, Coconut & Raspberry traybakes and they are delicious!
- I have fallen completely in love with this jacket but the price tag is a little off-putting! Particularly since I’m not going anywhere…
- Rosamund Pike in I Care A Lot is my new style crush.
- These. These are making me far too happy…
- ‘I am not a cat‘ – I mean, come on. Possibly the funniest Zoom incident since this whole pandemic began!
- Willy Vlautin released a gorgeous trailer for his new book The Night Always Comes featuring a lovely new track from his band The Delines. Can’t wait until this book is out in April.
- The beautiful poems of Marie Howe.
- I have been trying to curtail my book-buying a little this lockdown, but was still delighted to get this lovely parcel of bookish goodness from No Alibis Bookstore this week.
- This week I reviewed the gorgeous new album from David Gray for No More Workhorse and can’t stop listening to this new single Skellig.
So, what in your life deserves some praise this week? Let me know in the comments!
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!