- We have just discovered Motherland starring the amazing Anna Maxwell Martin and it is absolutely hilarious.
- Yesterday Stella and I made cupcakes…there are very few left.
- Tomorrow I go back to work and that makes me happy. Although ask me again on Wednesday and we’ll see how I feel.
- Shops opened for business again last week in Northern Ireland so we took a road trip to No Alibis so the kids could spend their Christmas vouchers (!). I may have got some books too…
- I have decided to take out a subscription to the National Theatre At Home and am really excited to watch Angels in America, Consent and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. I miss live theatre so much.
- Work is back on and shops are back on, but live events are still off, so I’ve booked to hear Jon McGregor and Keith Ridgway chatting about their work at the online International Literature Festival, Dublin. Their programme is well worth checking out – it’s a very impressive line-up.
- My first vaccine is done! It made me feel really ill for about 3 days but was totally worth it. Roll on July for my second jab.
- My husband put up a rope swing for the kids at our favourite forest and I couldn’t resist a go, big wain that I am!
- After a good few weeks of watching some very serious Oscar-nominated movies, we watched Rocketman and it was the most cinematic fun I’ve had in ages.
- I was really chuffed this week to be asked to be a contributor to a cultural magazine here in Northern Ireland. I’ll say more in a few weeks!
- Last month it was the fifth anniversary of Prince’s death and last week a new director’s cut was released of his guitar solo in a star-studded performance of ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’. Marvel as he saunters in at the 3:30 mark and steals the show. What a man.
So, what in your life deserves some praise this week? Let me know in the comments!
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!