It’s been a few weeks of big changes in Northern Ireland so here are the things that have been making me happy lately.
- The Pact is the best kind of trashy, melodramatic addictive TV that I love when I’m ironing! It’s like Big Little Lies but set in Wales with worse weather and smaller houses and I’ve two juicy episodes still to go…
- Seamus Heaney HomePlace reopened to the public on Wednesday and it was so nice to have a buzz about the Centre again. We also officially opened our new Library which is totally gorgeous and I want to move in.
- Things might be opening up again but events are still online and I really enjoyed Keith Ridgway and Jon McGregor in conversation at the International Dublin Literature Festival yesterday evening was fascinating. Both books have been moved to the top of my list!
- I had no interest in the Friends Reunion this week, but the Matt Le Blanc memes that sprung from it were absolutely hilarious. You might have to be Irish to fully get all the jokes, but safe to say, Joey from Friends is now every Irish person’s uncle!
- This week my kids finally met up with their grandparents inside and my sister came to lunch for the first time in almost 15 months. It was emotional…
- During a clear out this week, I found my Little Lebowski Urban Achiever t-shirt which I thought was lost forever!
- This week we introduced the kids to Father Ted. There is nothing better. They loved it.
- I was delighted to hear that Bernard MacLaverty is publishing a new collection of short stories later this year. His books are always a treat.
- 20 Books of Summer starts on Tuesday and we have over 100 participants! How cool is that? Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far.
- This gorgeous new track from Erland Cooper has been on endless repeat for me lately.
So, what in your life deserves some praise this week? Let me know in the comments!
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!