Well, that brings week one of Reading Ireland Month to a close and what a great week to kick everything off!
Reading lists are being made and book piles assembled and this week saw planning posts by Claire at Word for Word, Rebecca at Bookish Beck, Fictionophile, Karen at Booker Talk and Nancy Elin, who has chosen some great plays.
This week’s prompt was ‘My Top Five Irish…’ and I posted a list of my Top Five Irish Movies. Other Top Fives included:
- Fatma at The Book Place with her Top Five Irish books which included one of my all time favourites, Tender by Belinda McKeon
- My Top Five Irish…YA Novels posted by Alex Dunne Writes on Instagram
- Laura at Reading in Bed shared her list of her Top Five favourite Irish-Canadian authors
- Nancy at Nancy Elin shared her Top Five Irish actors
- Claire at Word by Word shared her Top Five Irish Fiction and Non-Fiction books
- A Bag Full of Stories posted about the Irish Authors she has read so far
- Hopewell’s Library of Life shared their favourite Irish authors
Feel free to join in with next week’s prompt which is My Year in Irish Lit. Have you read or reviewed any Irish literature over the past year? Share your highlights, tell us about your favourite book by an Irish author last year, or a book you were looking forward to but didn’t get round to reading.
- Dance Move by Wendy Erskine – Susan at A Life in Books
- These Days by Lucy Caldwell – Adrian at Bookshelf Discovery
- Abelard and Heloise by Helen Waddell – Nancy at Nancy Elin
- These Days by Lucy Caldwell – Cathy at What Cathy Read Next
- Modern Times by Cathy Sweeney – Kim at Reading Matters
- These Days by Lucy Caldwell – Jacqui at Never Imitate
- The Raptures by Jan Carson – Fatma at The Book Place
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis – Chris at Calmgrove
- Women and Love by Miriam Burke – Kaggsy’s Bookish Ramblings
- Shining City by Conor McPherson – Nancy at Nancy Elin
- These Days by Lucy Caldwell – Jacqui at JacquiWine’s Journal
- Chasing Time by Thomas Reilly – Virginia at Rosepoint Publishing
- The Last Resort by Jan Carson – Claire at Word by Word
If you’ve posted for Reading Ireland Month and I haven’t shared your link, do let me know in the comments.
Check back in next week when I’ll be highlighting some great Irish novels coming later this year and there will be a special giveaway for International Women’s Day.
Thanks to all who have taken part so far, read, commented on and retweeted Reading Ireland Month posts. Don’t forget to keep an eye on the hashtag #readingirelandmonth22 and link up any posts in the comments here at my master post.
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!