My weekly round-up for Reading Ireland Month is slightly late this evening because of ongoing confusion with the clocks going forward and Mother’s Day shenanigans, but it has been another FANTASTIC week and I can’t believe there are only a few more days to go!
This week I reviewed The Children of Dynmouth by the woderful William Trevor, and enjoyed it so much that I am now hatching plans for a William Trevor Readathon! I also shared some highlights in nonfiction that will be published by Irish writers in 2022 and I took part in the weekly prompt, listing the books that I have added to my TBR since the start of the month.
I’ll be continuing this prompt until the end of the month so there is still time to share any books that have caught your eye as part of Reading Ireland Month.
I enjoyed another brilliant Irish lit event at Seamus Heaney HomePlace this week as Jan Carson and Lucy Caldwell came to talk about their new novels The Raptures and These Days. They are both such incredibly sharp women and read their work beautifully so it was a great afternoon.
As always, there were some fantastic reviews this week.
- The Law of Innocence by Michael Connolly – Virginia at Rosepoint Publishing
- Dance Move by Wendy Erskine – Katy at What Katy Thought Next
- Fools of Fortune by William Trevor – Ali at Heaven Ali
- Life Sentences by Billy O’Callaghan – Kim at Reading Matters
- The Humours of Bandon by Margaret McAuliffe – Nancy Elin
- Night Boat to Tangier and All We Shall Know – Madame Bibio Lophile Recommends
- Other People’s Worlds by William Trevor – Jacqui at Jacqui Wine’s Journal
- An Irish Wife by Deborah Lincoln – Lynne at Fictionophile
- Thin Places by Kerri ní Dochartaigh – Claire at Word by Word
- Small Things Like These by Claire Keegan – Hopewell’s Library of Life
- A Ladder to the Sky by John Boyne – Virginia at Rosepoint Publishing
- The Springs of Affection by Maeve Brennan – Ali at HeavenAli
- Portia Coughlan by Marina Carr – Nancy Elin
- The Passenger – Claire at Word By Word
- Walking with Ghosts by Gabriel Byrne – Virginia at Rosepoint Publishing
- The Statement by Brian Moore – Claire at Word by Word
- The Magician by Colm Toibin – Lara Maynard on Instagram
- Small Things Like These by Claire Keegan – Lara Maynard on Instagram
- My Year in Irish Lit – Karen at Booker Talk
- Books I’ve added to my Wishlist during Reading Ireland Month ’22 – Susana at A Bag Full of Stories
I’ll be trying to squeeze in a few more reviews before the end of the month, but thanks again to everyone who has taken part so far and if I haven’t shared your post, do give me a friendly reminder in the comments.
I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for an Irish win at the Oscars tonight for either Jessie Buckley or Ciaran Hinds.
Ádh mór orthu! (Good luck to them!)
I am a 40 something book buying addict trying to reduce the backlog one book at a time!